MUSC ID Photo Upload
MUSC ID badges are required for access to all MUSC buildings and in clinical areas. Badges will be distributed at New Student Orientation in August. Students who have clinical at the VA will also need to have a VA ID badge. This will be completed during New Student Orientation in January. Please use the following guidelines:
New students must submit a photograph to MUSC Department of Public Safety prior to orientation. The photo must meet the following requirements for approval and be submitted no later than noon on August 16, 2019 to ensure your badge is ready for New Student Orientation:
- Color photo
- Background must be a solid color, preferably of a lighter shade.
- Must be a frontal view, cropped from the shoulders up to include the full head. No side views.
- No other person or objects in the photo (eyeglasses are acceptable, no sunglasses or hats).
- JPG files only. Any subsequent uploads will overwrite the previous one.
- All replacement badges will incur a $15 replacement fee.
If you are experiencing issues, email MUSC Department of Public Safety.
To upload your photo, go to the student portal (under University Links section click on Public Safety – Badge Picture Upload).
Badges will be distributed at New Student Orientation on August 19, 2019. No exceptions. Please do not contact Public Safety regarding your badge. Student Services will facilitate receipt of badges. If there is a problem related to your badge, either Student Services or Public Safety will contact you directly. Do not go to Public Safety to pick up your badge.