Stethoscope 2018

RN BSN - Application Deadlines

Application Process

MUSC College of Nursing participates in an online Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) to receive applications. You must create an account, search for this program for your intended semester of entry, and complete the required steps to apply online. All application materials must be submitted through NursingCAS

The NursingCAS application is to be supported with:

· Official transcripts from all collegiate coursework
· Three (3) satisfactory reference letters
· 100-word essay
· Resume (including health care related work and/or volunteer experience)
· RN license

A supplemental university application, through MUSC’s Office of Enrollment Management, is also required. We encourage applicants to finish the application within NursingCAS before submitting the supplemental MUSC application

Applicants to the RN-BSN program must have at least sixty (60) semester hours of prerequisite course work and three of the four required science courses completed at the time of application. The preferred minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) is a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students must earn a minimum grade of “C” in prerequisite courses. Please review all admission requirements prior to applying.

Fall admission only
Deadline: June 30
Admissions decisions are offered on a rolling basis
*Applicants are encouraged to submit early as the admissions committee makes rolling admissions decision. While applications are processed on a rolling basis, the application review process takes time and we cannot guarantee an immediate admission decision. All applicants who apply by the specified deadline will be considered and all applicants will receive an admission decision.

For Admissions questions, contact the MUSC Office of Enrollment Management at 843-792-2536 or Office of Enrollment Management Admissions team email.

Additional Considerations:
International Applicants
Due to several distance-education components of this program, MUSC is unable to issue- I-20 forms to allow students to obtain F-1 student visas. Only U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and those holding other valid U.S. visas will be accepted.
Out-of-State Applicants
Out-of-state applicants are responsible for contacting their State Board of Nursing to determine any requirements that are needed in order to complete clinical rotations as a student in a distance education program.
State Authorization: Please review important state authorization information.