2020 Telehealth Conference for Practicing Providers
Discover how to increase access to patient care through the use of telehealth
Telehealth services are on the rise and studies show that patients are growing more receptive to the use of virtual care technology. If you are a practicing provider such as a medical doctor, an advanced practice nurse, a physician assistant, or a health professions student join us for an all-day conference in Charleston, S.C on May 1, 2020. Attendees will learn effective telehealth communication techniques, laws and regulations surrounding telehealth, and how to integrate telehealth into an established practice. Additionally, information about how to incorporate telehealth education into a graduate nursing curriculum will also be available. This conference will be led by MUSC's leading telehealth experts and includes four working breakout sessions and hands-on training.
Registration fees (prices will increase after April 16, 2020)
Online registration coming soon.
- Telehealth Laws and Regulations - What you need to know regarding the laws and regulations surrounding practicing telehealth presented by Kelli Garber, MSN, APRN.
- Telehealth Professionalism - Telehealth requires more than communicating electronically. Chris Pelic, MD, will present effective telehealth communication techniques.
- Telehealth Equipment and IT Needs - David Geddings, a telehealth engineer, will lead a brief discussion on the latest telehealth equipment and the technology needed to begin a telehealth practice.
- Breakout sessions include:
- Hands-on training of telehealth equipment and mock telehealth visit
- How to set-up a telehealth service
- Incorporating telehealth specialist services into your practice
- Integrating telehealth education into the curriculum