DNP Nurse Executive
The DNP Nurse Executive program is not accepting applications for admission at this time.
The Nurse Executive Leadership and Innovations program prepares graduates who will practice at the highest executive level. DNP graduates demonstrate expertise in advanced executive nursing practice, clinical scholarship and analytical methods to improve health care delivery. Expertise in quality improvement, leadership, collaboration, health care policy and finance is developed. There are a few courses that require a visit to campus. (Please here for the FAQ's)
The MUSC DNP Program enables students to:
1. Demonstrate expertise in advanced executive nursing practice role based on mastery of a
specialized area of knowledge derived from a strong scientific foundation.
2. Use clinical scholarship and analytical methods to improve quality and safety in health
care systems through organizational leadership, systems thinking, and practice
3. Implement continuous quality improvement in patient care and provide leadership in
practice and clinical decision-making through use of information systems and technology
4. Foster interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in the improvement of population
5. Influence health care policy that determines the financing, regulation, access, and
delivery of care.
6. Promote health equity in the provision of care to eliminate health disparities.
MUSC is approved by South Carolina to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. MUSC is authorized to offer online distance education programs to students who live in all NC-SARA states, which includes all states except California. MUSC is also authorized to offer distance education programs to students who live in California because MUSC is a public institution of higher education, and California has no restrictions on such institutions providing distance education to its residents.
Before applying, please ensure your state of residence is authorized Click here for more information>>